Om Ayurveda & Yoga Centre offers Ayurvedic Treatments such as Panchakarma, Shirodhara, Abhyanga, Ayurvedic Packages for rejuvenation, Beauty, Weight loss with Thereputic Yoga for various diseases.
And also conducts Teacher Training Yoga & Ayurveda Massage Courses.
If you are looking for a natural drink other than water, then it has to be coconut water. It contains salts, sugars and vitamins. It is also a rich source of minerals like magnesium and potassium, therefore is recommended for people, who are feeling weak. It is given to people, who are dehydrated, as it is able to hydrate the system instantaneously. Hence, it is used in place of a saline. It is rich in electrolytes like calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. The electrolyte composition of coconut water is very similar to that of human plasma, hence the instant results. Moreover, it does not contain fat in any form at all, due to which it has some fan following among people.
Coconut Water For Shedding Fat Natural weight loss can indeed be achieved with coconut water and there are reasons for the same.
A natural form of glucose is present in coconut water. This glucose can easily be absorbed into the bloodstream. Hence, it helps in overcoming and reducing sugar and food cravings. It is these cravings which often leads to weight gain.
It contains no fats and cholesterol. Therefore, it helps in accelerating the weight loss process.
The potassium content in coconut water helps converting food into muscle. More muscle in the body, more is the weight loss, as the fat burning capacity of the body increases due to muscles.
Water in itself is an important key to good health and maintaining and attaining ideal body weight. Water helps in keeping the metabolism rate of the body to its optimal level. It keeps the body hydrated. Research has proven that coconut water is next to water in its natural form. It helps in keeping the metabolism rate of the body higher.
If you are looking for a rich source of vitamin B, then you will not have to look beyond coconut water. Vitamin B is known to accelerate metabolic rate of the body and it also aids in improving muscle tone of the body.
It is recommended by a number of doctors, as it is a less concentrated form of the healthy coconut. Lemon juice can be added to it to make an even more healthier. Since both coconut water and lemon are alkalizing, it is beneficial for the body in a number of ways, such as it helps in digestion, controls blood sugar levels and perks up metabolism.
It is recommended to drink it to lose weight, as it is NOT high in sugars, as soda and most juices are.
If a person finds it difficult to lose weight due to problem with thyroid issues, it helps in promoting healthy thyroid function, which in turn helps in weight loss.
Coconut Water Health Benefits
It hydrates the body and you can replace all the minerals and fluids that is lost all through the day by drinking it
People who suffer from urinary problems should make it a part of their diet. It helps in relieving polyuria, strangury, urinary tract infections and other urinary ailments.
When combined with olive oil for three days, it kills intestinal worms and improves the digestive system as well.
If you are plagued with kidney stones, then consumption of coconut water will help in breaking of kidney stones and makes it easier to push them out.
People, who believe in low-fat diets believe that coconut oil is not healthy, but the research points to the fact that coconut oil is, in fact, healthy fat.
We often forget that people have eaten coconut oil and yet have not suffered from any of the side effects, such as obesity, which has become an epidemic now.
That coconut oil is actually a natural, high quality fat, which is very healthy.
Indigestion can be caused due to the aggravation of any of the following doshas or all three of them and by the following eating or physical habits carried on by individuals:
• Improper eating habits
• Eating a lot of fried foods, meat, sweets, heavy foods and overeating
• Eating incompatible food items
• Eating at irregular times
• Eating before the last meal is fully digested
• Eating very quickly or mixing too many foods in one meal
• Consuming too much tea, coffee and alcohol
• Staying up late ·Emotional disturbances (stress, grief, anxiety)
• Taking drugs like antibiotics, painkillers and steroids.
Following are the signs that indicate the presence of this ailment:
• Feeling of heaviness or uneasiness in the stomach
• Stomach ache
• Coated tongue
• Loss of appetite
• Distention in the stomach
• Pain in the lower legs
Remedies of Indigestion
• Fasting completely for one day is an efficient method to digest Ama.
• Taking fruits, fruit juices and boiled vegetables for one week is also a very beneficial way of fasting.
• Lemon juice mixed in warm water taken three times a day improves digestion.
• Chewing a small piece of fresh ginger with salt, five to ten minutes before meals, stimulates digestion.
• Take equal amounts of ginger powder, black pepper, dried mint leaves, asafetida (hing), anise seeds, coriander seeds, cumin, fennel and common salt. Grind together to make a fine powder. Dosage: Take about 1 teaspoon of this powder with water, twice a day after meals.
• Drinking buttermilk after a meal improves digestion. Roasted cumin seeds and a little salt in the buttermilk enhances its effectiveness.
• Drinking water gives immediate relief to symptoms like wind, distended stomach and acidity.
• Eat half a teaspoon of aniseed to improve digestion.
• A teaspoon of ginger juice mixed in a quarter cup of warm water can be taken two or three times a day. A teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt can also be added to make it more effective.
Dos and don'ts
• Eat boiled seasonal vegetables, fruits, fruit juices and lemon juice.
• Spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, fresh ginger, black pepper and asafetida.
• Physical exercise, according to the strength and energy of the patient, is beneficial.
• Do not eat while moving or traveling in a car, watching television or reading.
• Do not eat fast food or food that has been cooked in a microwave oven. Eating should not be too fast or too slow and the food should be properly chewed.
• Sleeping during the day, especially after lunch is not recommended, as it produces indigestion.
The patient should not stay awake late at night and should be free from mental stress, anxiety, fear and grief.
is one of the most common chronic diseases of childhood. It is a lung
disease characterized by difficulty in breathing, cough with sputum and
some time fever. Children with asthma typically cough, wheeze, and
experience chest tightness and shortness of breath.
Symptoms of Childhood Asthma:
The symptoms of asthma may be mild, moderate or severe. They may include:
Coughing - chronic or recurring (worse particularly at night and in the early hours of the morning)
Shortness of breath
Pain or a tight feeling in the chest
Flaring of the nostrils when breathing in interrupted talking
symptoms tend to be variable and may stop and start. They are usually
worse at night. Accompanying infection in the respiratory system turns
the problem severe to dangerous. Emergency treatment is advised in such
Causes of Asthma:
According to Ayurveda, it may be due to genetic factor or may be acquired.
Triggering factors of Asthma:
Ayurvedic management for Asthma:
A few Ayurvedic remedies and home preventive tips are mentioned here:
Asthmatic patients can go in for Panchkarma therapies like vamana and virechana before the onset of monsoon.
one of the most effective remedies used for Asthma. During bouts of
Asthma, just holding a jug of honey beneath the nose and inhaling the
air in contact with honey helps in easier breathing and provides
temporary relief from Asthma. When consumed internally with equal parts
of dates, black resins and pippali, it acts as a good lung tonic by
thinning out the accumulated mucus and eliminating it from the
five grams of Indian gooseberry or Amla is mixed with one table spoon of
honey and consumed, it acts as an expectorant, and is an effective
medicine for Asthma.
Asthmatic attacks, massaging sesame oil with camphor over the chest will
loosen the mucus and help easy breathing. Simultaneously, inhaling
steam with a few caraway seeds (ajwain) added to boiling water will help
in dilatation of bronchial passage.
Ayurvedic medicines for treating Asthma are:
Kumar kalyan ras
Siddh makardhwaj ras
Brihat haridra khand
(P.S.- Do not have any medicines without Ayurvedic doctor's prescription)
Right Diet for Child having Asthma:
Lot of water (boiled water)
Ample of fruits and vegetables
Cow's milk (warm) with a little ginger powder
Turmeric powder in any form
Eating anything after 10:00 pm
Fried or spicy foods
Excess of salt or sugar
Red meat or any such heavy non-veg items
Fruits like banana, custard apple, guava, etc.
Vegetables like potato, sweet potato, brinjal, etc.
Dairy products like yogurt, buffalo's milk, cheese, etc.
Chocolates, desserts, ice-creams, etc.
Nuts like groundnuts, cashew nuts, etc.
Foodstuffs that are cold, raw and rough.
Exercise - Yoga - Pranayama:
Light exercises are advised to children having Asthma.
Yoga asanas helpful for Asthma are:
Pranayama's helpful for Asthma are:
Beside the yoga and pranayama, practice of concentration and meditation gives best result.
For more details : Om Ayurveda & Yoga Centre ( OAYC ) Email: email@example.com Website: www.omayurveda.co.nr Tel : 0821 -2412077/2510214