- Avoid drinking tea and coffee immediately after meals
as the tannin present in these interferes in the absorption
of iron from the food.
- Take freshly prepared apple juice an hour before meals
or just before retiring for the night. For proper absorption
of the juice, remember the stomach should be relatively
empty when you have the juice and also do not take
anything for about half an hour after the juice.
- Juice of beetroot taken 1-2 times daily is an excellent
remedy for anaemia especially for children and teenagers.
You may combine apple and beetroot for the juice.
- Mix 1 tablespoon amla juice with a ripe mashed banana
and eat 2-3 times a day.
- Have a ripe banana with 1 tablespoon honey, 1-2 times
- Soak 8-10 almonds (badam) and 1 teaspoon rice
Remove outer skin of almonds and grind to a fine paste.
Boil with 1½ cups of milk and a pinch of turmeric
powder (haldi). Sweeten with sugar and drink for a fedays,
once a day. Soak 10-12 currants (munakas) in water overnight.
Remove seeds and eat them. Have for 2-4 weeks.
- Have spinach juice of 125 gm spinach everyday, for 2-3 weeks.
- Foods rich in iron are - honey, almonds, bananas,
(khurmani), raisins (kishmish), fenugreek (methi) leaves,
fenugreek seeds (methi daana), lettuce or salad leaves,
onion, spinach (paalak), grapes, tomatoes, carrots, gooseberry
(amla), beetroots (chokunder), apples, pomegranate (anaar).
Have plenty of them if you are anaemic.